You must have read several posts and trends debating about unemployment and employability. Most of these trends only deliberate about the problem of unemployment. They do not provide a feasible solution to unemployment as it relates to employability. This post will take the tech sector into consideration and proffer solution to employability rather than debate further on unemployment.
Schooling doesn’t assure employment but skill does.― Amit Kalantri
This post will reveal the top 5 digital skills that will make you employable in the tech industry. The world of work in the IT sector has evolved and highly competitive. Tech companies now employ only individuals with digital skill sets. These skill sets must proffer solutions to client problems as well as achieve organization goals and objectives.
Here is a list of the top 5 digital skills tech companies are looking for in 2020
1. Data Science and Analytics: Data science and analytics entails analyzing raw data with the aid of specialized systems and software in order to make conclusions about that information. It was the most required skill of 2019 and will remain in high demand throughout 2020. More businesses invest in data projects and seek optimized business performance. This has made Tech companies have a high demand for professional data analysts. The search for knowledge about data analytics escalates as there is a huge demand for data analysts. Job seekers need a good knowledge of data analytics to compete in the job market. A data analyst must be skilled in data cleansing, data exploration, data visualization among other data analytics skills.
2. Digital Marketing: Digital marketing is the use of electronic devices, the Internet, mobile devices, social media, search engines, and other channels to reach consumers and market products or services. Businesses are leveraging on digital marketing channels for increased business performance. Hence, making the need for digital marketers increase and on high demand. Tech companies recruit digital marketers who are experienced in several aspects of digital marketing such as search engine optimization, pay per click, email marketing, social media marketing, affiliate marketing, and other aspects of digital marketing.
3. UX/UI Design: UX and UI design are two different elements of a single consumer experience that work closely together. UX design refers to user experience design. It focus on how a product works and how consumers interact with it. UI design stands for user interface design; it focus on the look and layout. The principal goal of any company is to boost sales and increase the growth of the business; this is achieved by ensuring customer satisfaction. UX/UI Design plays a crucial role in realizing this goal, hence the need to recruit UX/UI designers.
4. Product Design: Although product design and UX design are used interchangeably, they are two different digital skills. Product Design is an in-depth approach to building a new product from start to finish. It is the process of conceptualizing a product, the functions of the product as well as the user experience. Product design evolves around the needs of the business and the consumer. A product designer is a multidisciplinary solution provider for a business problem. It is for this simple reason, tech companies among other organizations recruit product designers for business solutions
5. Digital Project Management: Digital project management is a streamlined process of managing online projects from concept to completion, within budget, and using a certain amount of resources. It involves using project management software for planning, delegating, tracking, reviewing, and measuring results. Digital project management is not only a desirable skill by tech companies. It is also an essential part of developing digital products and services in both a timely and cost-effective approach. Understanding of various digital management methods like AGILE and SCRUM will make you stand out and employable in tech companies.